FRO 8: Worlds Edge
- Player Characters
- Character Creation
- Core Creation TutorialHouse Rulescharacter_creation:wiki_tutorial
Table of Contents
Wiki Creation Tutorial
In order to get approved for sanctioning on Five Rings Online, all players are required to build a wiki page with basic character information. This guide explains how to build a simple wiki, as well as the basic expectations for the wiki page. Please follow the instructions. We are hoping to add more features to the wiki as time goes on, but for now this will allow the creation of basic character wikis for play.
Anyone who creates or edits a wiki page must abide by these rules. Disregard can result in having wiki privileges or site privileges suspended.
- Do not post any graphic images or language. Nudity, sexual content, and extreme gore will be taken down immediately.
- Do not vandalize other wiki pages.
- You may take quotes down from your wiki if you do not want them there. Other players may take down your quotes, too.
- You do NOT have to post information like your character's school or honor rank if you do not want to.
- You must include your character's name, age, clan, status, and obvious features and equipment.
- You must include at least a brief description of your character's appearance and demeanor.
- You must include any information that you expect other characters to know IC. Do not include information that you do not want people to know, such as the nature of your Dark Secret.
The Wiki is divided into several Namespaces, think of them like folders that contain a certain category of pages. We have several Namespaces set up but not all of them are editable without special permission from the GM Team.
Namespaces editable by players are:
- player_characters: where you put your character's wiki page
- player_gentries: where you put the page for any gentry you create
- locations: a space to put other player created places of interest
- To create a wiki page, go to the Search bar in the top right corner and type in the Namespace you are creating the page under ':' and the name of the page. For example; searching for “player_characters:character_name” will take you to a page called 'character_name' in the player_character Namespace
- The page will show up with a message saying that there is no such page (unless another PC has the same name).
- On the far right side, next to the sidebar, there are four icons for your dashboard. Click the top icon on the dashboard to create your wiki page.
character_creation/wiki_tutorial.txt · Last modified: 2017/03/14 01:08 by GM_Saelvarath
- Once you have created your wiki page, you will immediately be taken to the editing menu.
- At this point, you may begin constructing a page from scratch, or you may make use of our Basic PC Template.
PC Basic Template
- Go to the PC Template Page. You should see a block of code, and below it, an example of how the template will look.
- Highlight the text of the page code and copy it.
- Go to your new wiki page and click 'edit' on the dashboard menu to the right of the wiki page.
- Paste the copied text of the template onto your wiki page.
- Fill in the details about your PC!
- Make sure that any images you want to upload are saved on your computer. Unfortunately we cannot upload from webpage links at this time.
- At the top of the wiki editing menu, you will notice an icon that looks like a framed painting. Click this icon to add an image.
- The image uploading menu will automatically open in a new window. If this does not happen, check your pop-up blocker.
- Click on the 'Search Files' button to upload files from your computer.
- Select the file you wish to upload.
- Click on the 'Upload' button. The upload will take a moment. Files cannot be over 2 GB in size.
- Click on the 'Done' button once the upload completes. You should be able to see your image on the list.
- Click the image to bring up a menu for alignment, size, and whether or not to make it a link.
- Select your settings and then click 'Insert' to add the image to your wiki.